Friday, July 2, 2010

Listen to my feelings (from kids) by Ruth Reardon

LET ME BE MYSELF...
Grow according to my own uniqueness..
My personality, my talents are not the same as cousin Joe's...
He knows the alphabet...well, so what!
He also spits at me if I beat him in race...
Comparing us will make us feel as though we're being measured...and we'd better "measure up!"
Let me be "me" and he be "he"...then happier we all shall be...


HOW DO YOU FEEL?...
When you're talking and someone keeps interrupting?...
When you're being talked about, as though you were not there?...
How do you feel when you're ignored, or laughed at when you speak?...
Or when people say "just go away...we"re busy"...
Don't you feel you're not respected...that you do not really count?
Or don't those things happen to grown ups?
Only little ones?...


IF I'M TO GROW...
I cannot always say "yes"...
I have to try out "no"...
wether I mean it or not...to see if I can differ, just a bit, from you..
and still feel sure you love me...
My "no" is not just naughtiness...it's growth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...