Wednesday, September 21, 2011

21 Sept: International Day of Peace


On this day, September 21, it's International Day of Peace. Anyone, anywhere can celebrate Peace Day. It can be as simple as helping each other, lighting a candle at noon, or just sitting in silent meditation or pray. Or it can involve getting your friends, children, neighbours, co-workers, organization, community or government engaged in a large event. The impact if millions of people in all parts of the world, coming together for one day of peace, is immense. Little things do count my friend, I believe that. Great impact sometimes comes from the smallest thing, no need to look far :)

One of my favorite quote from Dalai Lama:
My message is always the same: to cultivate and practice love, kindness, compassion and tolerance.


Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one 

This "Imagine" song by John Lennon never fails me...always got goosebumps while playing it. I'm sure it's not just me...I bet you and you and all of you too...feel the same :)

Peace everybody :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...