Sunday, January 13, 2013

Brown Rice with Peas and Cilantro




Got this recipe from Martha Stewart's website. It's been a month since I don't eat chicken. I guess...it's okay now once in a while, it's weekend anyway. Because I've been doing this Vegetarian Weekdays life...and it feels good. So my mom and I came up with this idea...to eat the rice with roasted chicken and plain salads. Let me copy paste the rice recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon whole fennel seed (we used cumin instead, because we didn't have fennel seeds)
  • 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cup instant brown rice
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
  • 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
  • Salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add fennel seed and onion; saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in brown rice and cook 1 minute. Add 1 3/4 cups water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Stir in peas and cilantro, then season with salt and pepper.


    As for the chicken...just put the chicken on the oven pan...put some margarine...salt and pepper...and just put it into the oven (heat the oven to 200C ) for about 20 - 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...