Yayasan Kampung Kids is an organization set up by Indonesian and expatriates for the purpose of providing basic nutrition, healthcare and education for the needy children in local communities.
I had the pleasure volunteering at Kampung Kids in Pejaten Barat for a couple of months ago, every saturday morning. In that time I have met maybe 15-20 children.
We've learned some of our letters and numbers in Bahasa Indonesia and English. We've learned some Indonesian and English songs. We're making things and some "arts&crafts" with glue, paint, scissors, glitter, paper, crayons. Read some books and played with some of educational toys too.
The way they asked, the way they told stories...their expressions...priceless :)
Here are some of the pics i've took when i was volunteering..
I'm planning to volunteer again. So, if you want to join me and you're looking for a wonderful experience and a fantastic way to give, let's help them. Life can be tough for kids without an education. Little things do count :)
You can check the web here.




No comments:
Post a Comment