Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kids Day at Desa YUM Cipanas :) (1)

Here we go, my story about volunteering for kids' activities at Desa YUM Cipanas. First day, Friday...there are some of Australians volunteer too from Ceres I think...so the more the merrier :) We took them to have a look around the place first.


And then we had lunch...did some decoration a bit...and after that...the kids were already lining up :)




For the younger kids, the girls were making necklaces from straws and origami. And s for the boys, they're making collages from crepes and colored pencils. It was a full house! We all worked together...me, YUM family and the volunteers from Australia :)



Some of the boys' artworks :)

Some of the girls with their necklaces :)


As for the older kids...they're all making simple shadow puppet! They're all very creative in their own way :)


Pic from Echa


I had so much fun and was really happy to see all the kids' creativity! And after art craft...we had talks about "saving the animals" for the kids.


After that, we had games games games! :) I was very happy to see the kids were happy and excited too..

Pic from Echa
Pic from Echa



I've donated these Bonekas for them. They YUM family told me that whoever wins the games, they'll get the Boneka.


Then we had dinner together with the kids too....on banana leaves :) It was nice and fun! We ate together on the floor with our hands.



Then...we had bonfire with corns, marshmallows and warm ginger....while watching the kids performed :)




And we're all dancing together and enjoying each other's company. It was a tiring day yet we're all happy. I know I was happy! So next post....the second day of Kids Day :)

PS: more pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...